Yoon K. Pak
Content Section 1
Associate Professor of Asian American Studies, Educational Policy Studies, and Center for Global Studies
- Address: Education Policy, Organization and Leadership 371 Education 1310 S Sixth M/C 708 Champaign, IL 61820
- Telephone: (217)300-2819
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoon Pak's (Ph.D., University of Washington, 1999) research interests include: (current) history of intercultural education from the 1930s-1950s, (past) history of education in Seattle as it affected Japanese American schoolchildren during WW2. Her teaching includes Asian American education in historical and contemporary contexts, and history of American education.
- Wherever I Go I'll Always be a Loyal American: Schooling Seattle's Japanese Americans during World War II. . New York: RoutledgeFalmer, 2001.
- Pak, Yoon K. ""if there is a better intercultural plan in any school system in america, i do not know where it is" - the san diego city schools' intercultural education program, 1946-1949." Urban Education 37.5 (2002): 588-609.
- Pak, Yoon K. "Unraveling the "model minority" stereotype: Listening to asian american youth." Urban Education 36.1 (2001): 152-158.