Pallassana R Balgopal
Content Section 1
Professor Emeritus of Asian American Studies and School of Social Work
Address: Social Work
1207 W Oregon
1207 W Oregon
Urbana, IL 61801
- Telephone: (217)244-5239
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pallassana Balgopal (Ph.D., Social Work, Tulane University, 1971) is a social worker, educator, researcher, and practitioner with over 42 years of teaching, curriculum development, research, consultation, and practice experience in social work. His academic interests include immigrant and refugee populations, Asian Indians, Asian families, Asian American elderly, and multicultural counseling.
- Ph.D., Social Work, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- BA – Nagpur University, Nagpur, India
- MS, Social Service, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Diploma in Social Service Administration (Equivalent to M.S.W.), Madras School of Social Work, Madras, India
Distinctions / Awards
- 2007 Champaign Urbana International Humanitarian Award (Human Rights)
- Fulbright Scholar, India, 2008-2009, 2000-2001
- Life Time Achievement Award, National Association of Professional Social Workers of India
- SOCW 397 / AAS 397 / HDFS 321 Asian Families in America
- Social Work Practice with Immigrants and Refugees. . New York: Columbia University Press, 2000.
- Balgopal, Pallassana, and G. L. Pettys. "Self-Determination in an Era of Cultural Pluralism." Social Work Around the World. . Ed. Ngoh-Tiong Tan and Elis Envall. Switzerland: IFSW Press, 2000.