Content Section 1
- Professor Maryam Kashani Awarded 2019-2021 Unit for Criticism Junior Fellowship
- posted Tue, 23 Apr 2019 15:15:00 CDT
AAS Assistant Professor Maryam Kashani has been awarded one of two Junior Research Fellowships by the Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory for her project "Medina by the Bay: An Islamic Ethics of Difference and Survival in the Bay Area."
As a Junior Fellow, Professor Kashani will be provided with funds for conducting her research, as well as a manuscript workshop organized by the Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory. We look forward to the development of her work over the next two years!
- Congratulations to AAS Associate Professor Maryam Kashani, 2019 Spencer Postdoctoral Fellow.
- posted Mon, 22 Apr 2019 14:45:00 CDT
The Department of Asian American STudies is pleased to announce that AAS Assistant Professor Maryam Kashani has been awarded the 2019 Spencer Postdoctoral Fellowship from the National Academy of Education.
- AAS Fall 2019 Course List
- posted Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:00:00 CDT
View the course list for Fall 2019 now!
- Christine Lyke Receives LAS Staff Award
- posted Thu, 21 Mar 2019 08:00:00 CDT
On March 4, 2019, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences presented AAS Admin Aide Christine Lyke with one of three Staff Awards in recognition of her hard work and commitment to the Department of Asian American Studies and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. In presenting her award, the college cited Christine's "positive and creative" methods of keeping departmental operations running smoothly, her dedication to furthering her learning through voluntary trainings such as transgender allyship training and auditing courses in Asian American Studies, and her constant indispensable support of students and faculty in the Department. We would like to extend our heartfelt congratulations and best wishes to our wonderful administrative aide.
- Call for AAS Teaching Assistants/Graduate Instructors
- posted Thu, 21 Feb 2019 08:00:00 CST
The Department of Asian American Studies is currently accepting applications for seven graduate assistantships, to commence next semester. The positions available are as follows: • Four teaching assistantships at 50% time for the 2019-2020 academic year • Two teaching assistantships at 25% time for the Fall 2019 semester • One graduate instructor at 50% time for the Fall 2019 semester